This document will show how to install an operating systems compatible with LattePanda 3 Delta. It will also cover the acceptable bootup media, as well as instructions, resources for installing operating systems and other special considerations.
The LattePanda 3 Delta is a development device that supports two different operating systems.
- Windows 10, Windows 11
- Linux Ubuntu, or other Linux versions
Please feel free to contribute or request new content via our Official Docs Repository
Please back up your important files or data before OS installation.
The following contents will take the Windows OS installation as an example to demonstrate.
The installation steps for Windows 10 and Windows 11 are same.
We will use the official system image file(provided by LattePanda team) with all hardware drivers pre-installed and ready to use, bringing you a fast and ultimate experience.
The system will be installed on the eMMC by default.
- How to install the official system image to the SSD?
1.Insert your SSD into the LattePanda, then remove all other storage.
2.Enter into the BIOS setup to disable the onboard eMMC. Then save the change.
3.Restart the LattePanda. Use the following installation steps to install the system image.
What You Will Need¶
- Empty USB flash drive (8 GB or larger)
- OS Disc Image File for the LattePanda 3 Delta: Download from Dropbox Link or Google Drive Link
Download the Windows 10/11 disc image file of LattePanda 3 Delta.
Format your USB drive into NTFS format.
Unzip the Windows 10/11 disc image file. Then copy and paste them to the USB drive.
The files location on the USB flash drive should be as shown below.
Insert your USB drive into LattePanda, and turn on the LattePanda. (If you created the USB installation media on LattePanda, please restart the LattePanda before OS installation.)
Press ‘F7’ key continuously to enter into Bootable Device Selection Menu.
Use the ‘UP’ or ‘Down’ key to choose the USB bootable device, then press ‘Enter’ key.
It will enter into the OS installation terminal. It should look like the picture below. As it's a fully automatic process, you don't need to do anything. Please wait patiently for 5-8 minutes.
- After 5~8 minutes, the installation will be completed. You will get the notice in the terminal like the picture below.
Then shut down the LattePanda. Unplug the USB flash drive.
- Press the power button to turn on the LattePanda. Then it will start the system initialization. After about 3 minutes, it will enter into Windows System desktop. Now enjoy it!
If you are using LattePanda 3 Delta activated model, there should be a License Key in the box as shown below.
There are 6 steps to activate your LattePanda:
- Scrape the coating off the sticker to obtain the full Product Key
- Make sure your LattePanda has an active internet connection via WiFi or Ethernet
- Right click on the Windows button and select System
- Click Activate Windows
- Click Change Product Key
- Enter the product key number
- Click Next
- M.2 M-key NVMe SSD
This tutorial is for the LattePanda 3 Delta. If you are using other LattePanda models, please refer to the corresponding section.
What You Will Need¶
- 1 x Empty USB Flash Drive (8 GB or larger)
- Ubuntu 22.04 LTS disc image file (64-bit Desktop disc image file is recommended)
- Download the Ubuntu 22.04 LTS image.
- Create a USB installation media for Ubuntu. We recommend using 'Rufus' to create the installation media. You can download it here.
- Choose your USB flash drive, and load the ISO file. The GUI of Rufus will look like the picture below. Click the start button to burn the ISO file onto the USB flash drive.
- Insert your USB drive into LattePanda, and turn on the LattePanda. (If you created the USB installation media on LattePanda, please restart the LattePanda before OS installation.)
- Press 'Esc' continuously to enter BIOS menu.
- Navigate to the "Boot" tab and set the USB drive as "Boot Option #1" under "Boot Option Priorities" part.
- Navigate to the "Save & Exit" tab and select "Save Changes & Exit".
LattePanda will restart. Afterward, you will enter the installation GUI as shown below.
There will be two options:
- Try Ubuntu without installing
- Install Ubuntu
Both options should work, but in this tutorial, we will take the 'Install' option as an example. Then, the files will load. After a while, the following picture should appear.
During this process, the screen may go black. Please be patient and do not do anything until you see the following screen.
Please be patient and wait for the installation to complete. Then, you will be asked to restart LattePanda to complete the installation.
Wait for your LattePanda to restart and boot up Ubuntu, then enter your password to log in. Enjoy it!
If you choose to install Ubuntu alongside Windows Boot Manager, LattePanda may boot into Windows instead of Ubuntu after restart , or Ubuntu doesn't show in the boot order priorities, please take the following steps:
Select 'UEFI Hard Disk Drive BBS Priorities'
Change the device in 'Boot Option #½'