This document will review starting your LattePanda for the first time. It will go over what you need to boot up as well as instructions for getting started.
5 Steps for Booting LattePanda¶
What You Will Need¶
To get started, you will need the following hardware:
- Supplied USB Type C wall adapter or other power supply (Please see the Powering LattePanda Alpha section for a list of methods to power your LattePanda)
- Display cable (HDMI, eDP display)
- Display (TV, monitor, or eDP display)
- Input devices (Keyboard, mouse, etc.)
- Boot Drive
If your device is the LattePanda Alpha 800, which comes without eMMC storage onboard, you will need a boot drive with an operating system installed on it. See the Operating Systems page for different acceptable media for booting the operating system of your choice and installation instructions.
When touching the LattePanda board, make sure to ground yourself before touching the board. Failure to ground yourself may cause static discharge into board components damaging your LattePanda.
Connect Wifi antennas to sockets.
Connect the display cable to the LattePanda. Please see the Display and Touch Connections section for instructions on using different displays with your LattePanda.
- Connect the power supply to the LattePanda. Please see the Powering LattePanda Alpha] section for instructions on using different power supplies to power your LattePanda.
- A red and blue LED indicator light will blink when the power supply is connected. The LattePanda is initializing. Wait until the red LED light powers off, then turns on solid. This is typically a few seconds.
- Once the red LED light powers on and stops blinking, press and hold the power button for approximately 3 seconds. The device will power on.